Sunday 22 May 2016

Toronto
Monday,18 April, 2016
This was  going to be a sad trip, visiting an ailing aunt and a grieving friend.  I didn't expect much joy, yet despite the gloom there were some  wonderful moments which made this trip a pleasure; in Toronto, my reunion with cousin Jacky and her husband in their beautiful house with children and grandchildren smiling  from every wall; (I did get to see a sample- the lovely twelve years old twins and their family); an elegant Pessach Seder with family and friends(and a  Ma Nishtana pefectly delivered by the said twins), spending time with  the aunt who, despite her pain  could still show she was happy  with me,  and getting to know Toronto;  I found it  bigger, taller, with more huge  skyscrapers than I remembered but cleverly sited, so as not to hide the old  houses.



Picture facing The Market



Old and new


 Facing Eton famous shopping complex


 The Narrow  House
 The Sunday Market



...where you can buy  funny shoes





No comments:

Post a Comment